RoaringApps for your Mac
RoaringApps for your Mac shows you compatibility information for all of the apps installed on your computer.
Simply download the app, tell it where you keep your apps and wait while it compiles the compatibility reports.
Note that the RoaringApps Mac app is still beta software, so may contain traces of bugs.
When running the app, check for anything not working as expected: a button that doesn't do anything, glitches in the interface, strange results from the compatibility information.
If you find something a little odd or completely broken, please contact me with as much information as you can.
In particular, look out for apps that the server hasn't matched properly.
A list of your applications is sent to the RoaringApps server, where it tries its best to match each application to one in the database (using the app's name, developer, version number and bundle identifier). This matching logic isn't 100% fool proof (yet), so sometimes it sends back information about the wrong app. Check for this in the 'Match' item in an app's detail view – look for app names that don't match up or a low match percentage. When you find a mismatch, please contact me so that I can fix it up.
The RoaringApps Mac app records details of your Mac model, operating system version and simple metrics relating to the duration of server responses. These details are recorded anonymously.
Documentation & support
- 1.0.1 – Added option to view unmatched apps.
- 1.0.0 – Changed to on-device/local application matching to improve performance.
- 0.10.0 – Added support for MacOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- 0.9.1 – Improved handling of server timeout errors.
- 0.9.0 – Sign in to your RoaringApps account, upload list of installed apps.
- 0.8.2 – 2016 refactor - initial beta.
- 0.6.2 – Initial beta release.